Friday, July 9, 2010

Bishop Bike Adventure Day 8 July 8, 2010

Today was another scorcher, although the wind had subsided. We had difficulties with the flat tire from last night and ended up replacing the tube with one of our valued spares. We’ll need to replenish that when we get to the next bike shop. Since we got off to a late start and the heat has been so extreme, we cut things short today a little over 30 miles.
This brought us back into Oregon, and this photo shows Debbie crossing the Columbia River yet again. One of today’s highlights was seeing a couple of deer pass in front of us on the road. We are aiming for an earlier start tomorrow as we head for Walla Walla, WA, about 52 miles away, in order to beat the heat--which reminds me--it is time for bed!

5 comments:

  1. Walla Walla, WA - is that related to ooh e, ooh ah ah , ting tang ....bing bang?
    (Mom made me do this!) SB

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time talking with you last night, too bad Debbie hadn't been "decent" (Ha), next time maybe I will be able to also talk with her?? By the way, the above comment was not my idea, he started the ooh ooh song, you are too young to know it.
    It was nice to see the tent all set up. Was it as much fun as setting it up in my living room? Will surely talk with you soon. It would be nice if you could email me a time slot so that I wouldn''t go to bed and miss it. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it accepted my comment. I must have done something wrong - not me - the computer! Will try again and hope it goes through to you. It was nice talking to you face to face, also good to see the tent in use. Will talk with you later, it is hot here, too. I hope you are getting a bit cooler weather today, and no sunburn! Love you both, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Steve and your Mom are referring to a One-Eyed, One Horned, Flying, Purple, People Eater. Picture that while you're cruising along the back roads. Some really great pics by the way. This is going to be some trip...Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are funny! I wanna know how much your butts must hurt by now!

    ReplyDelete