Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bishop Bike Adventure Day 9 July 9, 2010

The heat continued, but an earlier start made for an easier day. We heard the temperature was in the vicinity of 95 degrees again. I jumped a couple of deer alongside the road, while Debbie came along for a real closeup view of momma and baby deer. We went 54 miles, finally parting ways with the Columbia River, and ending in Walla Walla, Washington, a quaint isolated town with lots of old time character.
The downtown was clean with vibrant shops open into the evening. Live entertainment from Asheville, NC performed in the center of town. We stopped at a bike shop, our first such sighting since leaving Seaside a week ago, to replenish tubes and other supplies. A relaxing evening while officially doing laundry readies team Bishop for another episode tomorrow. To be continued…

4 comments:

  1. Hey Tim and Deb, am really enjoying the blog entries, my sincere thanks for the notification invite. I look forward eagerly to each new installment. Probably something to do with enjoying the trip "vicariously". There's my word for the day. Think I'll personally stick to my trusty diesel p/u and fifth wheel, although you're being much kinder to the environment. Again, Tim, thank so much for the invite to the blog. Your old Bud, Jim...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb and Tim - We are enjoying your trip -- we enjoy the mundane things and what you are seeing -- animals? birds Insects turtles eagles -- rabid dogs - How is the camping?? Uncle Chuck (We went canoeing on the St Croix river -- easier than biking!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim and Debbie, I am enjoying reading about your trip and seeing the pictures. I am so glad you are putting this blog out there for us to enjoy.
    I think it is amazing what you are doing. The memories you are making.
    God be with you both, you know He is!!
    blessings, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie and Tim, I am so enjoying your trip and life through this, I feel like I am there. Be careful of the big trucks and random dogs. Love you both! Barb

    ReplyDelete