Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bishop Bike Adventure Day 37 August 6, 2010

Today we visited the National Eagle Center in Wabasha, MN, thanks to a transport from Chuck and Melinda. We saw several live eagles, including the one in this picture. It just so happens that the Mississippi River borders this area, and we rode our bikes along the river where the shot of the river below was taken. With the transport, we knock out 160 miles from our trip.

Tim has a friend who he hasn’t seen in years, who lives in Wisconsin, which is where we now find ourselves. Mike has transported us to the family cabin in central Wisconsin where we will stay the night. It is good to see “old” friends.

5 comments:

  1. I wondered when you were going to play catch-up. Kathy called today and remarked that you guys know where you are, but we don't! We're all anxious to follow along with you. Glad you have had a chance to re-connect with family and friends. Any more along the way? A home-cooked meal must have tasted great. I liked the photo of Tim and the corn field, made me think of the time in P.E.I. when you tried to reach the top of the sunflowers near Vesey's Gardens. Have a good Sunday. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the pictures and the commentary, too. If that is a "live" eagle in the first picture, I would not be standing so close, Debbie!!! I think of you often and pray for you when I do.
    Thanks for including me on your journey.
    Take care and give each other a squeeze for me!
    Love, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lost my comment right in the middle of typing it. Anyway, so glad you had fun with Chuck, Lindy, Jennie and Jaime. May the good weather continue. Everyone loves your blogs and it is the first thing I check on in the morning. Stay well, happy and safe. XXXX Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys, just wonderful pics and commentary as per usual. Looked at my trusty maps and didn't realize how fast you were closing in on Chicago.
    Looks like you've done a strong 2/3 or better. Just amazing! Good Traveling Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys rock! We were really happy to share our time together. You "made" our summer and we hope you liked a little of Minnesota. The eagle in the picture is "Harriet" and she is on our special MN License plates adorned with Red White and Blue! May you continue with fair winds and good travels. Chuck

    ReplyDelete